Friday 18 August 2017

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

Apart from the usual crafting I did go to a great Fish farm and thought you might like to see these beauties.

 
This fish farm has some of the best Koi around.
 
 
Sadly we lost one of our oldest fish this week but she was about 27 years old which is very good for a Golden Orf.
As much as it may not seem quite the same as the loss of some other pets it is still quite sad when you have had them from something not as big as your little finger.
Anyway less of that and back to the farm.
These are photographs of the ponds there.

 
They are gorgeous I'm sure you will agree.





Lots of nice plants and ornaments too.


 I've been picking damsons too and made them into a plum crumble.
However, someone took a big piece before I had chance to photograph it. It was scrummy and very fruity too.

 
We may well be having some more of this as we seem to have had so many plums and damsons this year.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.
 
 And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

7 comments:

Annie said...

Sorry to hear you lost your fish....it really amazed me how long it had lived. Those ponds and water gardens were beautiful.
I had to chuckle at the two little boys in the pic....I wonder if they took it in turns to go?
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Sue said...

Hi Angela, Lovely Kois. My dad use to have a large pond with a waterfall and he had them and Orf.

Love the ponds.

Surprised the crumble lasted long enough for you to get a photo:)

Hope you have a fab Friday. Sue

Donna Ellis said...

What a wonderful post, Angela. I love the glimpses into your life, and the beauty of a nature-loving soul.

I am ENVIOUS of your lovely koi pond. Do the fish keep the bug larvae from developing into icky mosquitoes? Your garden is wonderful. Wishing you a wonderful week-end! hugs, de

mamapez5 said...

Lovely ponds and lovely koi too. I had a pair in my pond in UK and I loved to watch them. I hope the new owners continued to look after them!
The damson crumble looks yummy. We don't have damsons but there are lots of lovely plums in the market. I must get some. Enjoy your week. Kate x

Cara said...

Firstly, the crumble. Plum os my absolute favourite. Totally jealous. Sorry to hear that you lost your fish, you do get attached to them, especially when you've seen them grow as you have. I have to confess that I have a bit of a big fish phobia. We have a small tropical tank, but nothing in it which grows to more than 4cm. Hubby takes great delight in laughing at me when we go to a garden centre that sells fish. They have a large tank with the top just above waist height. I think it's a sturgeon (pointy nose and long tail) that cruises around the perimeter and sticks its head above water at times. Scares the heck out of me every time I walk past the tank! Have a great weekend x

pam said...

Any animal is a heartache Angela, what a great age for a fish..
love your beautiful garden.
Mmm that crumble look Delicious..
Pam x

Jackie PN said...

Those fish sure are beautiful, but boy oh boy! That pie looks delectable!! heehee
Jackie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10